LearnScripture.net has been designed for phones and tablets from the start. Just visit the website in your device's web browser and it will work, and adapt to the smaller screen.
Please note the following:
- To make the most of the space some controls appear at the bottom of the page and you may have to scroll down to see them. These controls appear in a column on the right on larger screens.
- For most phones it will be best if you turn off animations in your preferences.
- Lots of devices seem to have problems with the keyboard-based testing. You should use the On screen buttons method for testing, which is the default for touch screen devices, and can be set in your preferences.
Additional information and tips for specific devices and browsers:
iPhone and iPad
You can add a home screen icon for quick access to the LearnScripture app as follows:
- Go to the dashboard page.
- Hit '+' and select “Add to Home Screen”
Here's a video to help you do this (for any website).
The recommended way to use the site is to use your normal phone web browser. We regularly test with Chrome and Firefox, and these are known to work well.
You can also install the Learn Scripture app. This app simply provides a more convenient way to access the site - without the normal address bar getting in the way. Don't forget to review and rate the app, which will promote LearnScripture.net and help other people find it.
If you don't want to install the app, or it doesn't work on your phone, you can add a home screen icon for quick access to the LearnScripture site as follows:
- Go to the dashboard page.
- Bring up the phone menu and bookmark the page.
- On some phones, change “Add To” to “Home Screen”, press “OK” and you are done.
- On other phones, you then need to:
- Go to the home screen you want to add the link to.
- Long-press in an empty space to bring up the “Add to Home Screen” menu.
- Select “Shortcuts”.
- Select “Bookmark” and choose the bookmark you just created.
If the app doesn't work...
The large number of Android versions and customisations that are made by phone manufacturers makes it very hard to test everything, and often there are bugs that we can do nothing about. If there is a problem with the app, please contact us, making sure you include as much information about your device and your Android version as you can. However, we cannot guarantee that we can do anything to help, and recommend that you use Firefox or Chrome.
LearnScripture.net doesn't work correctly on any models of BlackBerry that we have tested so far, due to limitations of the provided browsers. Sorry! (If you have a recent BlackBerry and have had success, please let us know!) You, however, can get Opera Mini for the BlackBerry, which supports the site with a rather slow user experience - see below.