- Heaven is a free gift (Romans 6:23)
- It is not earned or deserved (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Is a sinner (Romans 3:23)
- Cannot save himself (Matthew 5:48)
- Is merciful - therefore doesn't want to punish us (1John 4:8 and Jer 31:3)
- is just - therefore must punish sin (Exodus 34:7 and Ezekal 18:4)
- Who He is - the infinite God-Man (John 1:1 &14)
- What He did - He died on the cross and rose from dead to pay the penalty for our sins and to purchase a place in heaven for us (Isaiah 53:6)
- What it is not - Mere intellectual assent Mere temporal faith (James 2:19)
- What it is - trusting in Jesus Christ alone for eternal life (Acts 16:31)
(Rev 3:20, Acts 10:10 & 13, John 6:47, John 1:12-13)
This is the method taught by Evangelism Explosion (EE) More info can be found at http://evangelismexplosion.org/wp-content/uploads/3219816-English-Tract.pdf And EE card can be found at http://www.maxgore.com/ee/fullscreen.htm
Romans 6:23: For the payoff of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Ephesians 2:8-9: For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast.
Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Matthew 5:48: So then, be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
1 John 4:8: The person who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Jeremiah 31:3: In a far-off land the LORD will manifest himself to them. He will say to them, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love. That is why I have continued to be faithful to you.
Exodus 34:7: keeping loyal love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin. But he by no means leaves the guilty unpunished, responding to the transgression of fathers by dealing with children and children's children, to the third and fourth generation."
Ezekiel 18:4: Indeed! All lives are mine - the life of the father as well as the life of the son is mine. The one who sins will die.
John 1:1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.
John 1:14: Now the Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We saw his glory - the glory of the one and only, full of grace and truth, who came from the Father.
Isaiah 53:6: All of us had wandered off like sheep; each of us had strayed off on his own path, but the LORD caused the sin of all of us to attack him.
James 2:19: You believe that God is one; well and good. Even the demons believe that - and tremble with fear.
Acts 16:31: They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household."
Revelation 3:20: Listen! I am standing at the door and knocking! If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come into his home and share a meal with him, and he with me.
Romans 10:10: For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.
Romans 10:13: For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
John 6:47: I tell you the solemn truth, the one who believes has eternal life.
John 1:12-13: But to all who have received him - those who believe in his name - he has given the right to become God's children - children not born by human parents or by human desire or a husband's decision, but by God.
Text used with permission – http://bible.org/
- When learning a set, you can opt out of any individual verse by pressing ‘Stop learning this verse’ on the learning page.
- Learning a verse set is a public action (unless the set is private and remains private)
Verse set info
Created on Jul 30, 2012.
You are not learning this verse set in NET.